“Koa Smith got me into the Wim How breathing method – it’s a great way to stay calm, centered and focused. Here’s the basics as I learned them from Koa, but make sure you do this with an expert first and never do it alone before free diving, etc.” – John John Florence
1. Sit in a comfortable position or lie on your back.
2. Start with 30-40 breaths in / out through your mouth.
3. Let out all your air and hold your breath for as long as you can.
4. Breathe in for 10 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for 3 rounds.
Pick up your own copy of A Field Guide to Waterman Things by John John Florence at a surf shop near you.